Muscat, Oman, 30 January 2013: Nokia introduces the Nokia Lumia 620, the most affordable smartphone in its range of Windows Phone 8 smartphones in Oman, retailed at OR 95/-. Alongside the flagship Nokia Lumia 920 and mid-range Nokia Lumia 820, the Nokia Lumia 620 offers a more fun, youthful appeal, and compact design.
The Nokia Lumia 620 uses a new dual-shot color technique to deliver a variety of striking color and texture effects. Dual-shot adds a second layer of colored, transparent or translucent polycarbonate on top of a base layer to produce secondary color blends and depth effects. With seven different exchangeable shells to choose from, people can adapt the look of their Nokia Lumia 620 to their own personal taste and style.
“We continue to execute on our strategy to reach new audiences and new markets by expanding our smartphone offering,” said Tom Farrell, Vice President, Nokia Middle East. “With its innovative design, the latest Nokia Lumia 620 with Windows Phone 8 software and signature experiences from Nokia, like Nokia lenses, Nokia Maps, City Lens and Nokia Music, the Nokia Lumia 620 is a highly competitive smartphone at a very affordable price point.”
Dubai, UAE, 28thJanuary 2012 – BenQ is leading the gaming sector in major markets after BenQ XL2420T gaming monitor was considered as the monitor of choice for professional gamers worldwide during the recently concluded Intel Extreme Masters (IEM) tournament, a series of international gaming tournaments held in various countries around the world.
In the Middle East, the demand for monitors catering the gaming community has been growing in the past years, and the XL2420T monitor is highly tailored and is considered among the best monitors by majority of the gamers in the region.
According to Manish Bakshi, Managing Director, BenQ Middle East & Africa, the company is dedicating significant R&D to provide gamers with a superior gaming experience. “BenQ is becoming a brand synonymous with gaming victory, and our monitors are designed to enhance performance. The overwhelming response from both professional gamers and first-person-shooter (FPS) or real-time-strategy (RTS) game enthusiasts to the XL2420T is that the monitor is now the preferred model used at many of the world’s e-Sports tournaments, including the Intel Extreme Masters event for 2013,” Bakshi said.
Dubai, UAE, 23 January 2013 – Canon Middle East, world leader in imaging solutions, has announced it is extending its XEED range of installation projectors with the launch of the SX6000 and the WX6000. The new projectors offer high brightness (6000 and 5700 lumens respectively), a range of lens options – including a new Ultra Long Zoom lens – and features to make installation and maintenance as straightforward as possible.
The new models are designed to suit a broad range of corporate, exhibition and education environments, where a permanently installed high brightness projector is required to deliver outstanding image quality and vibrant true-to-life colours. The SX6000 has native SXGA+ resolution (1400 x 1050 pixels) with a 4:3 aspect ratio, while the WX6000 offers WXGA+ resolution (1440 x 900 pixels) and has a 16:10 aspect ratio.
Outstanding image quality
Canon’s XEED SX6000 and WX6000 benefit from an updated version of Canon’s proprietary AISYS technology and a new LCOS display panel. In combination, the AISYS optical system and LCOS technology deliver improved brightness, image quality and colour purity. Canon’s XEED models offer ‘real colour brightness’, which means that colours display at practically the same intensity as white.
AUS Cyber Security Boot Camp “for general users” to Address Latest Techniques in Combating CyberCrime
• Three-day cyber security boot camp to be held frequently
Sharjah, UAE, 16th January 2013— American University of Sharjah (AUS), one of the world’s top 500 universities, announced today that it will organize its first cyber security boot camp to update general computer users from professionals and students on the latest cyber security threats and the techniques to combat cyber-crime. To be held at the AUS from 9am to 4pm on January 20-22, 2013, the boot camp will showcase the knowledge and insight gained by the AUS Department of Computer Science & Engineering as it monitors and analyzes new trends in cybercrime. AUS is the first UAE educational institution to organize such a boot camp for the general public and address the wide range of issues related to online security.
The three-day boot camp is part of the AUS community outreach and is a first in a series of such information sessions that will be held frequently during 2013. It is ideal for high school students, university students and professionals who wish to expand their knowledge and capability in computer and network security. Lectures, live demonstrations, real-world examples and interactive practical labs will be utilised to explain the latest cyber security threats and online attacks on home or office networks. It will help identify the attackers as well as weaknesses in user networks, technology gadgets and net surfing habits. Participants will learn about the latest methods to protect themselves from being hacked and what to do in case of suspicious Internet activity.
The New ME Tablets will be available across leading retailers across the various countries in Middle East and Africa. In UAE the tablets will be available by this week in leading stores like Sharaf DG, Lulu, EMAX, Plug-ins, Ecity, Jackys and Abu Dhabi Cooperative. In Kuwait the new devices will be available in this week in stores such as Al Ghanim, GEANT, Lulu and Electrozan. In Oman the new ME Tablets will be available this week in Extra, Lulu, Emax and Sharaf DG. In Qatar the new Tablets will be available by this week in stores such as Lulu and Safari. In Egypt the new Tablets will be available by beginning of February 2013 in stores such as Compume and B.tech. In Saudi Arabia the tablets will be available by this week in major key retailers. In Bahrain and Jordan the tablets will be available in leading stores by the beginning of February 2013. In the African countries – Nigeria, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda the new ME Tablets will be available in leading stores by the beginning of February 2013.
Redwood Shores, Calif. – January 15, 2013
• Adding to its comprehensive and flexible cloud portfolio, Oracle today announced Oracle Infrastructure as a Service (Oracle IaaS) with Capacity on Demand.
• Oracle IaaS enables organizations to deploy fully integrated Engineered Systems, including Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, Oracle SPARC SuperCluster, Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine and Oracle Sun ZFS Storage Appliance in their data centers behind their firewall – all for a simple monthly fee.
• Oracle IaaS is an attractive acquisition option for Oracle Engineered Systems, from a cash-flow, accounting and disposition perspective.
• The on-premise, private cloud infrastructure provides organizations with total control and visibility over their IT environments, enabling them to meet internal and regulatory compliance and security requirements.
• Oracle IaaS includes elastic compute Capacity on Demand, enabling customers to easily add and remove processing capacity to meet their changing workloads, only paying for peak computing power when it is needed.
• Oracle IaaS includes Oracle Engineered Systems hardware and industry-leading services that maximize performance, reliability and security, including Oracle Premier Support for Systems. In addition, Exadata, Exalogic and SPARC SuperCluster include Oracle Platinum Services and the new Oracle PlatinumPlus Services exclusively for Oracle IaaS customers.
• The new Oracle PlatinumPlus Services provide quarterly proactive analysis and advisory by Oracle experts to identify issues with system performance, security compliance, and system availability, and provide guidance on how to resolve these issues.
• Customers can choose to manage the systems themselves or optionally add Oracle Managed Cloud Services for fully managed cloud and application services.
• Oracle IaaS is part of the Oracle Private Cloud Services portfolio, which includes a comprehensive set of best-in-class integrated applications, platform and infrastructure products and solutions.
• To learn more about Oracle Infrastructure as a Service, register for the Webcast.
Every day, Parrot is exploring the new possibilities around Smartphones in the spirit of “Smart Living”.
For Parrot, 2013 will mark the opening of a new field of exploration: ‘eco-geek’ products.
• Parrot Flower Power
o A wireless Bluetooth Low-energy sensor for your plants that will inform you of their needs thanks to a dedicated application.
And of course, technological innovations to offer new capabilities to existing products:
• Parrot Zikmu Solo
o A ‘Duo’ option to connect 2 stereo tower speakers and create an ultra powerful audio stereo system of 2 x 100 Watts.
Réduction de 80 % du courant consommé par la DEL déclencheuse par rapport au modèleprécédent,TOKYO - 12 Janvier 2013--(BUSINESS WIRE / ME NewsWire)--Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) lance un commutateurphotoélectriquedont la DEL déclencheuseconsomme 80 % de moinsque le modèleprécédent. Le nouveau modèle TLP171 utiliseune DEL à haute luminosité qui réduit à 0,2 mA (max.) le courant consommé par la DEL déclencheusecontre 1,0 mA (max.) pour le précédentmodèle TLP170. Cetteconsommationréduitedonne aux développeurs le choix entre une alimentation par batterieouune alimentation directe par un microcontrôleur, d’oùune diminution du nombre des périphériques et de la taille du modèle. Le nouveau produitconvient à des applications comme le remplacement de relaismécaniques, les systèmes de sécurité, les systèmes de mesureet de commande, les systèmes de commanded’automatesindustriels et les machines de jeuautomatiques.
Dubai, UAE, January 9, 2013- ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, announced immediate support for storage monitoring in IT360, its integrated IT management solution for its customers in the Middle East region. The move continues the IT360 push into the DCIM arena with a unified dashboard and pre-integrated, out-of-the-box support for multi-vendor storage solutions.
Data center infrastructure management (DCIM) is a hot topic thanks to the rise in private cloud computing fueling data center growth. The private cloud and data center activity, however, has yet to spark corresponding advances in DCIM software. Simply put, discrete DCIM point solutions can't provide the unified, real-time views needed to optimize the management of data center infrastructures. Companies that do want a single management console must integrate point solutions after the fact, on their own or via professional services engagement. IT360 creates a single console - out-of-the-box with no additional efforts - to give DCIM teams a unified, real-time view of their entire IT infrastructure assets.
"The DCIM market is ripe for a holistic solution that provides real-time IT visibility," said Sridhar Iyengar, vice president of product management, ManageEngine. "We saw a lot of demand from our customers for in-depth monitoring of storage solutions, which are important components in data centers. With IT360, teams inside and outside the data center can monitor and manage their heterogeneous storage environments - and the rest of their IT infrastructure - from a single console."
- ZOTAC Launches New 3rd Generation ZBOX mini-PC
- Nokia Announces Oman Arrival of Eagerly-Anticipated Lumia Windows Phone 8
- Microsoft and OITS host NGO Connection Day to Help Empower Nonprofit Organizations in Oman
- GRAND HYATT RECEIVES RECOGNITION FROM MUSCAT AMERICAN BUSINESS COUNCIL
- WD® LAUNCHES HIGH PERFORMANCE 4 TB BLACK DRIVES FOR DESKTOP PCS IN OMAN
Page 6 of 83